Friday 5 November 2021

Oil spills

  W.A.L.T Write an Explanation
Oil spills are a massive problem mostly because sea animals are dying. That is sad but that is not the only thing bad about oil spills also because the environment is dying. Did you know in 2018 about 137 oil spills happened.  

 


Did you know that in 1983 a Spanish tanker called Castillo de Bellver caught fire off Cape Town in 1983 and spilled over 78 million gallons of oil into the sea.



Also In 1979, there was a collision between two different tankers near the islands of Trinidad and Tobago. The combined total oil spilled in the ocean surpassed 83 million gallons. To make matters worse, while one of the ships was being towed to shore, it spilled another 41 million gallons into the sea.



 Anyway I think that's enough facts. Let's get into the solution. If you tighten your bolts on the engine of your boat it's more unlikely a oil spill will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post